Dr. Benjamin Moda Ndomi
Name: Dr. Benjamin Moda Ndomi
Marital Status: Married
Number of Children: Five
Date and Place of Birth: 14th July 1962; Zambuk.
State of Origin: Gombe State.
Geo-Political Zone: Northeast
Blood Group: 0+
Current Postal Address: Department of Vocational EducationSchool of Technology and Science Education Federal University of Technology
PMB 2076, Yola. Adamawa State.
Permanent Home Address: Tudun-Wada ZambukP.O.Box 98, Gombe. Gombe State.
E-mail Address: modabenjamin @ yahoo. com
Mobile Phone Nos: 08053400941 & 08036449200
EDUCATION INSTITUTION ATTENDED DATE QUALIFICATION OBTAINED
Zambuk Primary School 1969-1975 First School Leaving Certificate
G.S.S Billiri 1975-1978 Form III Testimonial
Ramat Polytechnic Maiduguri 1978-1979 C & G Basic Engg (Automobile)
Ramat Polytechnic Maiduguri 1979-1980 C & G Intermediate (Agric Mech.)
Kaduna Polytechnic 1981-1983 ND. (Agricultural Mechanization)
Kaduna Polytechnic 1986-1988 HND. (Agricultural Mechanization)
University of Nigeria Nsukka 1993-1994 PGDTE
University of Nigeria Nsukka 1997-1998 MED. (Agricultural Education)
University of Nigeria Nsukka 1999-2003 PhD (Agricultural Education)
ACADEMIC HONOUR/ AWARDS
Best Student HND Agric Mech. 1986/87
Best Trainee GTZ/NDE Sept. 1996
TTTP Award 1999/2000
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
1. Nigeria Society of Agricultural Engineers (NSAE) Student Member, 1987 - 1988
2. Gideons International in Nigeria. Member, 1991-Date
3. Nigeria Educational Research Association (NERA). Member, 1998-Date
4. League of Researchers in Nigeria (LRN). Member, 1999-Date.
5. Curriculum Organization of Nigeria (CON). Member, 2000-Date
6. National Association of Teachers of Technology (NATT). Member, 2001-Date
WORKING EXPERIENCE DATE HIGHEST RANK ATTAINED
1. U.T.C. Motors Div. Jos 1980-1981 Tractor Mechanic
2. BSADP Seed Farm G/Tafida 1982/1983 COSITA
3. M.O.E Bauchi 1983-1988 Master III
4. Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi. 1988- 2000 Senior Lecturer
5. University of Nigeria, Nsukka 1997- 2003 Teaching/Research Assistant
6. GADP. Gombe 2000 –2004 Chief Agric. Officer
7. F.U.T.Yola 2004 –2007 Senior Lecturer
8. F.U.T. Yola 2007- Date Associate Professor
POSTS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1 Workshop Supervisor, U.T.C Motors Jos 1980-1981 (Agricultural Equipment Section).
2. Form Master JSS IIA, JSS Zambuk, 1984-1986
3. House Master, Newton House, Government Technical College, Bauchi. 1986.
4. Coordinator Automobile workshop/Courses A.T.A Polytechnic, Bauchi 1990-2000
5. Examination Officer School of Engineering, A.T.A. Polytechnic Bauchi, 1991-1993
6. HOD Mechanical Engineering A.T.A Polytechnic Bauchi, 1996-1997.
7. Chairman, Container Inventory Committee, 1997. A.T.A Polytechnic, Bauchi.
8. Chairman, Staff Welfare Committee, 1998-2000. A.T.A Polytechnic, Bauchi.
9. Secretary, Committee for Take Off of Wisdom Nursery & Primary school, W/Dada 1998/99
10. School Representative to Senate, FUT Yola. 2004-Date
11. Member, Admission Committee, FUTY 2005/06
12. Senate Representative to Council on Endowment Fund Committee, FUTY, 2005-2007
13. HOD Vocational Education, FUTY 2006- Date
14. Member, Advisory Committee on Students Discipline, FUTY, 2006- Date
15. Member, Pre Accreditation of Distance Learning & Sandwich Degree Programmes, FUTY. 2006/07
16. Member, Fact Finding Committee on Field Trip/SIWES/Teaching Practice Allowances. FUTY. 2007
17. Chairman University Time Table Committee, FUTY 2007- Date
18. Chairman Anti Cult Campaign Committee FUTY 2008- Date
19. Hall Master, Boni Villa, FUTY, 2008- Date.
20. Member, Adhoc Committee on Staff Discipline 2008.
21. Senate Representative to Council on Loans Board, FUTY, 2009- Date
22. Member, Committee to Review Criteria and Guidlines for Appointments and Promotions of Academic Staff. CONUASS 01-07. 2010
EXPERIENCES OUTSIDE REGULAR EMPLOYMENT
1. Assessor, Sabon Dale Journal of Technical Education. Federal Polytechnic, Mubi
2. Associate Editor, Journal of League of Researchers in Nigeria Bauchi
3. Assessor, Science Forum ATBU Bauchi
4 Discussant at National Productivity Day Celebration, Bauchi April 1996
5 Resource Person at UNICEF Review Meeting, Gombe April 1999
6. Resource Person UNICEF SSA. October to December, 2003
7. Resource Person at the Workshop for Federal Technical College Principals at Jos. FMOE. October 2001
8. Resource Person at NYSC Orientation Camp Lectures in Bauchi State; Gombe State; Plateau State and Yobe State, September, 2003
9. Resource Person at NYSC Orientation Camp Lectures in Adamawa State, September 2004
10. Chairman Management Board, Goodnews Nursery & Primary School, Kofare, Yola 2006-2008
11. Chairman Board of Governors, ECWA Academy (Secondary School), Demsa. 2008 – Date
12. Facilitator for UNESCO/NTI Training of Mathematics, Science and Technology Teachers for UBE Schools. 2008
13. Editor for UNFPA/ASPEC Baseline Survey, Qualitative Data. 2008
14. Chairman of Send- Forth Party Committee for Retired Principal Officers, FUTY, 2008.
CONTRIBUTIONS TO INSTITUTIONAL BUILDING
A] Sponsored a National Conference on Research and Documentation at Abubakar Tatari
Ali Polytechnic Bauchi Nov. 1999.
B] Donated Planner Mechanisms Teaching Aid to Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi. 1996.
C] Donated Blocks for Building Classrooms at Wisdom Nursery & Primary School, Wuntin-Dada, Bauchi. 1999
D] Provided Accommodation to Corp Members Serving with ECWA Academy, Demsa 2008/2009
COURSES TAUGHT AT TERTIARY LEVEL
TED125 Auto-Mechanics (1) NCE (T) ATA Polytechnic Bauchi, 1990-2000
TED129 SIWES NCE (T) ATA Polytechnic Bauchi, 1990-2000
TED217 Heat Engines NCE (T) ATA Polytechnic Bauchi, 1990-2000
TED225 Automobile Engine NCE (T) ATA Polytechnic Bauchi, 1990-2000
TED323 Power Transmission NCE (T) ATA Polytechnic Bauchi, 1990-2000
VTE411 Soil Erosion Management Educ BSc. UNN, 1997-2003
VTE402 Administration of Voc. Educ BSc UNN, 1997-2003
VTE502 Seminar in Agric Education MEd UNN, 1998-2003
VTE506 Vocametrics MEd UNN, 1999-2003
VTE524 .Curriculum Planning in Agric Ed MEd UNN, 1999-2003
GC206 Introduction to Practicum in Guidance & Counseling B.Ed FUTY(SW) 2004- Date
GC401 Use of Tests in Guidance and Counseling B.Ed FUTY(SW) 2004- Date
GC402 Guidance and Counseling Education B.Ed FUTY(SW) 2004- Date
GC506 Vocational and Career Guidance B.Ed FUTY(SW) 2004- Date
TP202 Introduction to Farm Machinery B.Tech FUTY (Regular) 2004-Date
AT203 Introduction to General Agriculture B.Tech FUTY (Regular) 2004-Date
AT215 Basic Agricultural Engineering B.Tech FUTY (Regular) 2004-Date
TE350 Vocational Guidance B.Tech FUTY (Regular) 2004-Date
TE359 Vocametrics B.Tech FUTY (Regular) 2004-Date
TE403 Arable Permanent Crop Production B.Tech FUTY (Regular) 2004-Date
TE405 Soil and Plant Analysis B.Tech FUTY (Regular) 2004-Date
TE409 Soil and Water Conservation B.Tech FUTY (Regular) 2004-Date
VE413 Human and Industrial Resources Management B.Tech FUTY (Regular) 2004-Date
TE511 Soil Fertility Management and Plant Nutrition B.Tech FUTY (Regular) 2004-Date
TE516 Crop Husbandry B.Tech FUTY (Regular) 2004-Date
TE583 Automobile Transmission B.Tech FUTY (Regular) 2004-Date
AT515 General Principles of Irrigation and Drainage B.Tech FUTY (Regular) 2004-Date
TE598 B.Tech Research Project B.Tech FUTY (Regular) 2004-Date
DT601 Foundation of Technology Education PGDTE FUTY 2004-Date
DT616 Special Topics in Voc/Tech Education PGDTE FUTY 2004-2008
DT617 Introductory Technology Education PGDTE FUTY 2004-2008
DT621 Facility Planning and Lab Management PGDTE FUTY 2004-Date
DT698 PGDTE Research Project PGDTE FUTY 2004-Date
TE703 Methods of Research in Voc/Tech Educ MTech FUTY 2004-Date
TE705 Quantitative Techniques in Voc/Tech Educ MTech FUTY 2004-Date
TE706 Managing Facilities in Voc/Tech Educ Lab MTech FUTY 2004-Date
TE707 Vocational/Technology Educ Curriculum Dev MTech FUTY 2004-Date.
AT735 Soil Fertility and Fertilizers MTech FUTY 2004-Date
AT746 Agricultural Methodological Research MTech FUTY 2004-Date
TE789 MTech Thesis MTech FUTY 2004-Date
PhD Thesis PhD FUTY 2004-Date
NUMBER OF COMPLETED PROJECTS/ THESES SUPERVISION
NCE (Tech) = 11
B. Ed = 06
BTech = 32
PGDTE = 08
M.Tech = 18
PhD = 07
1. Chairman Caretaker Committee, Zambuk Students Association (ZASU). 1979/80
2. Secretary, Committee for Establishment of Wisdom Nursery and Primary School Wuntin Dada.1998
3. Chairman, Management Committee, Goodnews N & P School, Kofare/ Yola. 2006-2008
4. Chairman Board of Governors, ECWA Academy (Secondary School), Demsa. 2008- Date
5. Member, Sangere- University Multipurpose Cooperative Society, Yola
1. Mechanical Bird Scare Machine 1988 (Modified and Exhibited at Poly - Expo, Lagos 1991)
2. Vegetable Preservation Chamber 1990 (Exhibited during BASTECH, Bauchi 1990)
3. Teaching Aid (Planar-Mechanisms) 1991 (Exhibited During Poly - Expo, Lagos 1991)
4. Quick – Return – Mechanism Instructional Material (Exibited at EDUTECH BUK, Kano 2004)
EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH PROJECTS
1. Identification of competencies required by secondary school students for self-reliance in
agriculture in Bauchi. (1994).
2. Mechanism for improving skill acquisition content of agromech students in technical
3. Liberating Engineering Technology Graduates of Polytechnics for Social and Economic Advancement of Nigeria. (2000)
4. Needed Infrastructures for Profitable Agricultural Enterprises in the Rural Areas: A Case Study of Ndi- Ebe, Enugu State (2000)
5. Improvement Needs of Irrigation Practices on Small Farms in Yamaltu-Deba Local Government Area of Gombe State (2001)
6. Identification and stochastic analysis of the variables of attrition of vocational
teachers in post primary schools in Northeastern Nigeria (2003)
7. Technology teachers’ attitude towards indigenous technology and its incorporation into the Introductory Technology curriculum (2008)
SEMINAR/CONFERENCE PAPERS PRESENTED
1. Little things that cost money but often ignored:- Implications for Integrating Technology Information Course In General Studies. 1998. Federal Polytechnic, Oko.
2. The role of engineering technology in combating land degradation for enhancing national development. 1998. Federal Polytechnic, Mubi.
3 Generation gap in agricultural productivity associated with manpower planning and training policies in Nigerian education system. 1999. University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
4 Vocational teacher production in colleges of education in the era of information technology. 1999. Federal College of Education (T) Potiskum.
5. Strategy for attainment of education for all in Nigeria: An input for the Fourth Republic. 1999. Federal College of Education (T) Bichi.
6. Strategic planning for combating low-enrolment in vocational and technical teacher
education.1999. Federal College of Education (T) Potiskum.
7. Vocational teacher’s attrition in secondary schools. 1999. University of Jos.
8. Effects of privatization and commercialization on vocational education. 2001. University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
9. Evaluation schedule for vocational technical teachers in Technical Colleges for improved performance. 2001. FMOE, at National Library, Jos.
10. Strategies for enhancing enrolment and completion of students in technical colleges. 2001. FMOE, at National Library, Jos.
11. Contribution of teachers of agriculture in developing a learner friendly school environment. 2002. Federal University of Technology, Minna.
12 How to write and publish standard books. 2003. NYSC Orientation Camp at Plateau, Bauchi, Gombe and Yobe States.
13. Paradigm for encouraging quality researches on agricultural production by staff and students in agricultural education Programmes. 2007. University of Uyo.
14. Dynamics of Examination Malpractice in Nigeria Universities. 2007. University of Benin.
15. Science, Technology and Mathematics (STM) Education for Sustainable National Development in Nigeria. 2007. STAN, Taraba State Chapter.
16 Measurement and evaluation of instruction.2008. MDG/ Federal Polytechnic Mubi.
A memorandum on the possibility of establishing a state owned university in Gombe State, 1999.
1. Introduction to Vocational and Technical Education. 1998
2. Technical Teacher Training Programme (TTTP) in Nigeria. 1998.
1. Textbook: Olaitan S.O & Ndomi B.M (2000) Vocametrics: A High-Tech Problem Solving Quantitative Text With Computer Skills Published by Cape Publishers International Limited, Onitsha. Nigeria. ISBN 978-2991-16-3
2. Chapters in Textbook: Research Skills ISBN 978-2991-66-X Published by Cape Publishers International Ltd, Onitsha.: Chapter 4: Ali, A. & Ndomi B.M. ; (2000) Instruments for Research
3. Chapters in Textbook: Research Skills ISBN 978-2991-66-X. Published by Cape Publishers International Limited, Onitsha. Nigeria: Chapter 10: Olaitan S.O. & Ndomi B.M.; (2000) Recommendations in Research
4. Textbook: Yalams S. M and Ndomi B. M. (2000) Research Projects Writing and
Supervision. Published by League of Researchers in Nigeria, Bauchi.
ISBN 978 –044-767-9
5. Textbook: Ndomi B. M. (2003) A Handbook for Writing Standard Books. ISBN 978-
35541-6-6. Published by League of Researchers in Nigeria, Bauchi.
6. Ndomi, B.M. and Yalams, S.M. (1999) Ethical Issues In Research in Nigerian Education System. Journal of Nigeria Educational Research Association. (JNERA) Vol. 13(1) 82-87.
7. Ndomi, B.M. and I.S. Suleiman, I.S. (1999) Infrastructural and Learning Facilities in the
6-3-3-4 System of Education: The Journey so far. JNERA Vol. 13(2) 81-84.
8. Ndomi, B.M. & Tukob, G.B. (2000) Liberating Engineering Technology Graduates of Polytechnics for Social and Economic Advancement of Nigeria. Journal of Curriculum Studies 7 (1) 194-203
9. Ndomi, B.M. (2000) Important Consideration for Application of Inferential Statistics in Educational Research. Journal of League of Researchers in Nigeria. (JOLORN) Vol. 1 (1) 33 – 42.
10. Ndomi, B.M. & Agbo, U.M. (2000) Needed Infrastructures for Profitable Agricultural Enterprises in the Rural Areas: A Case Study of Ndi- Ebe. JOLORN. 1(2) 114-120
11. Ndomi B.M (2000) Poverty Alleviation Initiative in Agriculture for Nigeria Youths and its Sustainability. JNERA. 14 (1) 30 –35
12. Ndomi B.M (2000). Mechanization of Agriculture for Poverty Alleviation in Nigeria. JNERA; 14 (2) 52-56
13. Ndomi B.M (2000). Paradigms for combating Drop-out Pupils in the Universal Basic Education Programme. The Nigeria Universal Basic Education Journal; 1 (2) 36-41
14. Ndomi, B.M. & Mama, R.O. (2001). Improvement Needs of Irrigation Practices on Small Farms in Yamaltu-Deba Local Government Area of Gombe State. JOLORN. 2 (1) 126 – 131
15. Ndomi B.M (2001) Vocational Teacher Production in Colleges of Education in the Era of Information Technology. JOLORN, 2 (2) 47 – 57
16. Ndomi B.M. & Olaitan, S.O. (2001). Epistemological Approach to Valued Research, JOLORN 2 (2) 268 – 272
17. Ndomi B.M & Shita, M.B.K (2002) Possible Implications of Privatization for Technology Education in Nigeria. JOLORN 3 (1) 43 -47
18. Ndomi B.M (2003) Vocational Teachers Attrition in Secondary Schools JOLORN 3 (2) 89 – 95
19. Ndomi, B.M & Zull, N.G. (2004) Strategic Planning for attainment of education for all in Nigeria. Nigeria Journal of Eduation.2(1)21 – 30
20. Ndomi, B. M & Ekong, A. O. (2004) The need for inclusion of Technology Information Education in General Studies Programme of Nigerian Universities. African journal of Education and information Management. Vol. 6 (1) 21-27
21. Ndomi, B. M (2005) Revisiting the learning experiences of Technical College farm machinery curriculum for economic empowerment of recipient in Nigeria. The journal of Nigeria Association of Teachers of Technology. 5 (1) 88-95
22. Ndomi, B. M (2006) An overview of teaching and learning vocational education courses in Nigeria. JOVTED. Vol.1 (4) 1- 8
23. Ndomi B.M. & Labe, B.I. (2008). Technology teachers’ attitude towards indigenous technology and its incorporation into the Introductory Technology curriculum. Journal of Research in Curriculum and Teaching. Vol. 3 (1) 191-203
24. Ndomi, B. M. & Kumazhege, S.Z. (2010). Factors affecting students’ performance in Introductory Technology in Junior Secondary Schools in Adamawa State. Nigerian Journal of Curriculum and Instruction. Vol. 17 (1)
PAPER ACCEPTED FOR PUBLICATION
1. Ndomi B.M. and Ekong A. O. (Eds) Little Things That Cost Money But Often Ignored: Implication for Technology Education for Nigerian Universities. Accepted by PROJECT INNOVATION; 1362 Santa Cruz Court; Chula Vista; California; USA
HOBBY: Reading, Writing and Farming.
PRESENT EMPLOYER: Federal University of Technology, Yola
1. Prof. B. H. Usman The Vice Chancellor, Federal University of Technology, Yola. Adamawa State.
2. Dr. S.U. Jen The Rector, Federal Polytechnic, Bali. Taraba State.
3. Alh. A.U.Wurochekke The Registrar, Federal University of Technology, Yola. Adamawa State.